The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame was established in 1958 by Lee Williams in Springfield, Massachusetts. The establishment is used to honor star figures in basketball. It is named after James Naismith, who invented basketball.
The original NBA hall of fame was much smaller than the one that is used today. It opened on February 17, 1968. The hall was more popular than it had been built to be. As 오나홀 crowds of people tried to cram into the building, it was clear something needed to be done. On June 30, 1985, a bigger building was opened. Popularity for the sport continued to increase over the years and soon even the bigger building was not big enough. In the year 2000 new construction began.
In 2002 the new building was officially opened to the public. The newer building cost 45 million dollars to build and houses 40,000 square feet of basketball stuff. Upon entering the building patrons can see homage to all of the inductees. The building is filled with all kinds of exhibits. There are skill challenge exhibits, live clinics, and shooting challenges. Interactive exhibits aren’t all the building has to offer either. It is packed to the brim with actual basketball artifacts from the ages.
Not every NBA player can expect to be honored by the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. In fact, only 295 individuals have been chosen as inductees. The hall is different than other halls of fame. The basketball hall of fame honors people who have played for teams all over the world, and even some who play for non-professional teams.